Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fans are Priceless


It's great when people support what I'm doing and believe in me.

I feel happy...like I'm on the right track.

The biggest benefit of having good solid fans is that when I have any doubts about being a writer/illustrator/playwright/etc. ... I think, "If I can just believe in myself half as much as other people believe in me, I can do anything."

I've always had a very hardy sense of power, drive, and confidence, thanks to my first set of fans...mom and dad.

Yes, you may not know this, but I hung the moon.

But even I get occasional moments of "What am I doing?"

Then as if on cue, the world sends a fan, like my sister Jennifer. Jennifer is my head cheerleader. She should win awards for her over the top cheers and promotion of everything I do.

It's not lost on me that having these supportive voices of family and friends makes my journey to accomplish tasks much easier.

It saddens me that many people didn't grow up with such fans.

Because just like I have supportive voices inside and outside my head encouraging me, these people have negative voices.

The good news is that with some work, those negative voices can be replaced with new supportive ones.

It's important to surround yourself with people who believe in and support the great things you can and want to do.

Everyday, I meet new people. And everyday, I am in awe of what these people are capable of. But almost every one of them totally underestimates their gifts.

My hope is that I can be a supportive voice to others, like others have been for me. That my positive voice will drown out any negative ones.
To everyone reading this..."You are capable of great things! Believe it."

No comments:

Post a Comment