Monday, July 1, 2019

June Workshops in Kansas


I had the pleasure of spending June at the Lawrence Arts Center in Lawrence, Kansas, where I lead multiple workshops that included: 3 weeks of Make a Play workshops with 1st - 4th grade creators who wrote plays, made costumes and props, designed and drew posters, and performed their own plays and songs. Each group and each performer was wonderful. They all worked so hard and shared their ideas and talents bravely. I also lead an Acting for Dancers Workshop with 14-19 year old dancers. I loved watching these people who move so beautifully understand that the energy, intention and emotion behind a dance are what makes it more engaging for the audience and the performer. They did great. And lastly, I had the honor of leading my Creative Courage workshop for staff of the Lawrence Arts Center. I think they appreciated and needed a workshop that allowed them to give themselves some attention...they work amazingly hard and are so lovely...I was happy to give them some tips on giving to themselves. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment