Friday, August 9, 2019

Behind the Book Workshops



   Late July and early August, I enjoyed working with Behind the Book as a teaching artist. I've worked with this wonderful nonprofit literacy organization since 2007 as a visiting author/illustrator. This summer, I added teaching artist to my resume with them. : )



I had the pleasure of working with students on art projects around the books they were reading and studying. The books and art projects included: I Am Yoga by Susan Verde inspired watercolor paintings; Something's Fishy by Kevin McCloskey inspired undersea mobiles; Sea Creatures from the Sky by Ricardo Cortes inspired deep sea water color, wax resist, sea salt paintings; My Mummy is an Engineer by Kerrine Bryan inspired assemblage sculptures; and The Honeybee Man by Lela Nargi inspired mixed media collages.














   What a wonderful time! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment