It’s a global blog tour that started Down Under and has tagged numerous, FABULOUS illustrators and author/illustrators along the way. And now The Next Big Thing is here! Rules: answer the same ten questions about your work, then tag up to five wonderful artists whose work you want to champion. I’ve been tagged by Vicky Rubin.
You can see more of her work at her blog: http://www.doodlesoop.com/blog/
A New Illustration by Vicky Rubin
More Tags to come!
Following are the questions that I answered about one of my current projects:
1) What is the working title of your next book?
"Snails Only Slide"
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
|Color Sample of Cover|
I work with writers and artists of all ages. I see how almost everyone struggles with feeling that they aren't doing 'it' right. Whatever 'it' is. They are hestitant to try things and to take chances...when trying things and taking chances is the secret to getting better and succeeding at whatever it is that you are wanting to do...whether painting a picture or running a race.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
humor, picture book
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
A young Justin Bieber as Simon, the Snail
Nathan Lane as Drake, the Duck
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Simon, the Snail, proves to Drake, the Duck, that he can do everything Drake can do.
6) Who is publishing your book?
It's under consideration at one house...when it's accepted...You'll all find out!!
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I wrote the first rought draft in less than an hour. Since then, I've rewritten and rewritten and rewritten...and then fine tuned it through several dummies.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My belief that each of us can do amazing things....and that we need to have faith in ourselves and take chances.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
The fact that Simon almost gets eaten multiple times...it's pretty funny.