Sunday, February 5, 2012

It Can Be Scary Making Friends

Sometimes It's Scary Making Friends

This illustration is the result of a story that I recently wrote with a wonderful 2nd grade class in Brooklyn. The whale is afraid of sharks and the shark is afraid of whales. Eventually, they realize that they have nothing to fear in each other and become friends.

Doesn't that sound alot like real life?

I used to go to many conferences. I'd get so nervous about all the people. Then I realized that almost everyone else was probably nervous too. So, I decided to treat them with the kindness I'd show a new guest in my home. After starting that, I've rarely been nervous, because now I have the job of making others feeling at ease.

What do you do to feel at ease around new people?







No comments:

Post a Comment