Saturday, August 17, 2019

Assignment - 25 Painted Paper Cards

    I've given myself an assignment to create 25 painted paper collage cards.

    I really like painted paper collages. I've been wanting to create some for awhile and finally started making them on my travels this past year. I use gouache and watercolor paints on whatever paper is handy: junk mail, receipts, papers from the past that can be recycled...anything. Sometimes, I put down a base of lines or designs first using ink, crayon, watercolor pastel, or pencil...basically anything that will make marks. I create stacks of painted paper. That process alone is so relaxing and satisfying.

   So far, I've finished 9 in my goal of 25. You should try it...so fun.
   Here are a few of my finished pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment