Monday, February 1, 2010

Resist the Temptation


In the interest of complete disclosure, I must admit 'I love television,' especially BBC Crime Dramas and old movies.

However, it has not eluded me that I get MUCH more work done if I don't turn on the television.

Sure, I can think, 'Oh, I'll just turn it on and find something I don't need to watch, so I can have some sound.'

Right. After 15-20 minutes of searching channels over and over, I find that there isn't anything on that can be my background sound. And many times in the searching process, I've gotten sucked into some show that I didn't plan to watch.

And let's just say I did find that background show...invariably, I have to stop what I'm doing off and on just to watch a 'little'.

On the days that I leave the television off, I get so much work done that by 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon I feel like it is late in the evening...but it's not...I still have hours before I need to go to bed.

Today, I left the television off.

Because of that, I got through most of my to do list...#1 being 'dust the television.'

No comments:

Post a Comment