Monday, April 5, 2010

Don't Think Too Much!

Okay, it's been a long time since my last entry...why?

I've been thinking too much...

wondering, 'what should I write?' 'Should I change the name of the blog?' 'Should I change this?' 'Should I change that?'

Spending so much time worrying about details that I stopped the blog process.

This is common for many people. It's easy to get bogged down with details and then stop writing, or painting, or auditioning, or doing any of the number of things that one loves to do.

The truth is, I have many things to blog about. Each is as valid as any other. And, when it's time to change the focus of my blog and the name, I shall, because it will be obvious.

But right now, it's important to write the blog, because it keeps me writing and connecting.

It's the same for any of you. What is it that you want to be doing?
Do it.
You don't need to think that hard about it.

You want to paint?
Grab some paints, any paints, and start painting.
Don't stop and wonder, 'what should I be painting?' 'where should I be painting?' 'what materials do I need?'

Use what you have, paint where you are, and paint whatever pops into your head.

If it's not painting that you want to do, exchange the word 'paint' in the above sentences with your secret desire.

Go for it!

Just typing this has put me back on track, back to the blog keyboard...and boy, does it feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment