Sunday, August 19, 2012

Creative Clusters


When I first moved to New York City, I took a 12 - week workshop with Julia Cameron, author of "The Artist's Way."

Her book had changed my life...brought me to art school and to New York...the workshop took me further on my journey to the life I dreamed.

Julia spoke frequently about the importance of Creative Clusters. The need for creative people to surround themselves with other creative people. To be able to support each other as reminders to be brave, as supporters when times are rough, as motivators for going further into our projects.

Over the years, I have found my creative cluster of friends to be priceless...because on those rare
moments when my ego isn't at its fullest...I remember their faith in my abilities...and feel boosted...when I want to slack off...I see that they are moving forward and I gather up energy...and when I feel discouraged with rejection...they remind me...rejection is part of everything we do...the question always comes around to: Do I want it enough to be brave?

Who's in your creative cluster?

Who do you want in your creative cluster?

Ask them?


No comments:

Post a Comment