Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When Life Deals You Bug Bites...

When Life Deals You Bug Bites...Write a Story about It.


While visiting Kansas years ago, I got covered with bug bites. This inspired me to write the story, "Bug Bite." Within the year, it was picked up by the art director and editor at a major publishing house. As has happened to me more than I would like ...when it got to the Marketing Department, it fell through.

After a few rounds to other houses, I put it on the shelf.

Last weekend, after hiking in the woods, I was covered with bug bites again. In a miserable itchy moment, I got on the Internet to find relief ideas.

What happened was wonderful. I found a list of bug bite home remedies. In a flash, I knew how to revise my story. 

Soon, "Bug Bite" will go out to publishers again. The story has stayed alive in my mind. Now, I have the solution that makes it complete.

Many times what is painful and/or irritating brings us the biggest rewards.

Now, I need to go rub a lemon peel on my bug bites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment