Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adventure Inspiration


My father's answer to any crisis or fear in our lives was to 'Think of it as an Adventure!'

He said this with such confidence that there could not possibly be any other way for us to think of things.

"But I'm scared to talk to the principal!"

"Think of it as an adventure."

"I really don't want to go to the dentist!"

"Think of it as an adventure."

"I have to go to court for a speeding ticket."

"Think of it as an adventure."

Now, his voice and philosophy are firmly imbedded in me.

Whether a good or bad situation, all can be made into an adventure. By doing so, I am the hero of my story...I can face anything because "It is an Adventure."

Who would want to watch "Indiana Jones" if he wasn't faced with exciting challenges?

The next time something comes into your life that you don't want to deal with "Think of it as an Adventure." You'll find you've become the star of quite an interesting tale. You are no longer at the mercy of fear, anger, or nervousness, you are now a confident, brave hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment