Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nature's Free Art Supplies


Completed Centerpiece
One of my favorite activities in France was hiking along the Seine River and through the local park with my young friend, Jasmine.

She and I picked up everything that caught our eye: leaves, twigs, sticks, dried grass, rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

We would take these treasures home and create arrangements, collections, and groupings on paper, in jars, and across the floor.

When I was young, my grandmother would do the same thing. I remember her collecting cattails, tall dried grass, and tall flower pods, then making beautiful arrangements. 

Using nature's art supplies is in our DNA.

The lines of branches, the shapes of rocks, the feel and smell of it all, remind us of infinite possibilities...in nature and in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment