Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Delightful Visit to P.S. 87


Enjoying the Book of a young author / illustator






Friday, I visited Ms. Theresa's class at P.S. 87 as part of their "Everyone Reads Week."


First, I read and discussed my book, "Not Afraid of Dogs," with the students. Then I was able to show them my new book project, "Turtles Can't Race." 


It was wonderful to hear the students' comments, ideas, and questions, and to also receive feedback from their very insightful teacher. 


One of my favorite parts of the visit was seeing some of the students' work: their poems, illustrations, and the incredible park that they had planned and built in model form. The park model is so cool and now sits in the center of their classroom.  


What an amazing group of young people! If I were to go back to grade school...I would want to be in Ms. Theresa's awesome class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment