Monday, March 28, 2011

Take a Break and Enjoy the Buffalo


I just returned from a lovely trip to Kansas!

Sadly, I didn't see any buffalo. However, I did see lots of cows, calves, loads of trees, sheep, lambs, and best of all family.

It was shorter than my normal stay, so I concentrated on fun with my hilarious family. More than once I had to hold my breath while eating because someone had said something so funny that I didn't want a bean or chunk of pie shooting from my nose.

Eww! I wonder if a bean can really shoot out of your nose? If you know the answer, I'd love to hear it.

So what does all this have to do with a postcard of Kansas Buffalo grazing in the Flint Hills? It's because I love visiting Kansas, thinking of buffalo, and being my wonderful family.

Sometimes we need a break from our regular life. Time to enjoy being in a place we love, thinking about our favorite things, and basking in the complany of people we love. It's as important as any other part of the creative process.

Whenever I go away, I always come back recharged, full of new ideas for old and new projects, and ready to plunge in and work.

I revisit this topic, because I believe in these forms of creative battery recharging. And when you can't physically get-a-way, you can still find a little 'get-a-way' in each day, through your thoughts. Like me thinking of buffalo grazing on a prairie. What is more peaceful than that?


What are your favorite get-a-ways?


No comments:

Post a Comment