Friday, March 4, 2011

Have GREAT Days!

The definition of what makes for a great day is different for all of us. There should be no judgement on this.

My partner, Bill, likes to do something big, outside of what he considers "a normal day."

For me, I like days where I'm completely free to stroll around my house and my neighborhood. Where I can hang out in my pajamas as long as I want, writing or drawing, reading, making pancakes or cookies.

Or strolling in my Upper West Side neighborhood, going in and out of the shops I treasure...Catholic Thrift Store, Salvation Army, Bank Street Books, Restoration Valley Thrift Store, and of course, Mondels Chocolates (where they have made all their own candy for over 50 years)...and then rounding my day to eat at Sura (a GREAT little Thai Restaurant) where I can eat delicious food and write and draw.

The point of all this?

I make sure I have my favorite kind of days at least once or twice a week. They aren't an accident. I protect them. And even if I'm busy and can't have an entire day to myself, I squeeze in time to stroll around.

My goal was the life I have ... that included these kind of days ... I dreamed it ... I worked toward it ... and it came true.

What life do you dream of? What kind of days do you want? Write out your dream life ... after that your whole life will subconsciously move toward that goal. It doesn't happen overnight, it happens over time.

Have GREAT days!

No comments:

Post a Comment