Tuesday, May 3, 2011

German Chocolate Cake - from Scratch!

My German Chocolate Cake
This picture doesn't do the cake justice. Well, it's not a beautiful cake even in real life, but man, oh man! is it DELICIOUS!

My life changed in some major ways this week. First being that now I own my own cake carrier. I really feel like I moved to an entirely new level of being. : )

Next, I'm so impressed with myself for making a German Chocolate Cake...which is my very favorite kind of cake...from scratch.

I used the recipe from my Magnolia Bakery Cookbook. To their recipe writing credit...the homemade cake tastes just as delicious as the cake purchased at their bakery.

I will admit that if I was planning to save time, it would be of great benefit to just buy a piece. Because it does take quite a bit of time to make this cake...between the mixing, baking, cooling, etc. It was about 3-4 hours.

And I'm not sure of the logic behind having a giant cake in the house when there are only two people living here that will eat it....and only one of them...me...who will eat most of it. ; )

Still...I feel quite happy about this momentous occasion. Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment