Monday, May 9, 2011

A Weekend Break in the Country

My friend, Honor, going round the May Pole
I'm just  back from a lovely weekend in the country visiting dear friends.

In addition to basking in the glory of spring in the country, I also had the pleasure of attending a May Festival and watching many many children going around a May Pole.

I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds, the big city life and plenty of time visiting the country, here and in Kansas. I can't really imagine spending all my time in one place or the other. It would be hard.

The break to the country also gave me time and a clearer mind for working on one of my big projects.

I often find that a break from my normal life routine is exactly what I need to see the grander possibilities of my projects. Somehow, being away makes me braver about going forward after my dreams.

Here's to all of us being more open and braver at going after life's many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment