Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Chapter for the Branch

I find it so amazing that my branch (small tree) continues to grow and evolve just sitting in a can of water.
This morning, I woke to see new flowers blooming above my head. With the blooms have come a few tiny winged insects. I wonder if the flowers need them to help with blooming or if they just hatched on the branch at the same time the flowers opened. Either way, they don't bother me. They are just part of the 'life' of the branch. 

I'm also happy to see growth on my tree. This week, I realized that one way to keep the branch 'alive' would be to make cuttings from it. Then I could root them to make a new tree. One that I would grow on my fire escape.

I'm not sure the cuttings will grow, but I need actual green growth for it even to be a possibility. The tree is now growing, so, it is a possibility.

This small tree, that I brought in thinking it was a 'done for' stick, continues to amaze, educate, and emotionally effect me as it passes through its natural stages.

I love sleeping with it as a natural canopy over my head...and look forward to seeing it continue to evolve over the coming months.

Read about growing your own trees and plants from cuttings.

No comments:

Post a Comment