Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Chapter for the Branch - drying up


The leaves and flowers on my little cut-off tree are now dried out and curling up. It looks as though the days of the branch being alive are over.  Sadly, the cuttings that I made didn't take. Next, I'm going to try planting the seeds that are in the now dried flowers.

When I was a child, my father showed us how to make cuttings from willow trees. I remember it being so exciting...like magic. We started with what looked like foot long sticks with tiny green leaves, the sticks grew roots in water, then we planted them in the garden next to our patio where they could grow a little bigger under our care, then we moved them to their permanent location. There they grew huge. 

Every time I looked at those trees, I had such a great feeling. I was part of their beginning. 

I have a next stage planned for my little tree...actually, what I had planned for the tree when I brought it home in the first place. Just wait and see...

Still, I do hope I can grow a new little tree from the tree's seeds. I like the idea of its life going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment