Monday, April 18, 2011

A Brilliant Book

I remember when I found "There's No Such Thing as A Dragon" by Jack Kent at Woolworths, many, many, many years ago.

I love the illustrations, they are what drew me in. What kept me was the brilliant story.

A little boy wakes up one morning to find a tiny dragon sitting on the edge of his bed. Everyone tells him, "There's no such thing as a dragon."

So, he and everyone else ignores the little dragon and it gets bigger and bigger and bigger, until at last they have no choice but to give it some attention.

This book is a fun and remarkable telling of something most of us experience: avoiding a problem until it's so big we have no choice but to deal with it.

For me, "There's No Such Thing As A Dragon," is reminder to deal with my problems while they are still small and manageable. Usually I'm successful with that.  : )  Hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment