Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Chickie Time

Chickies are one of my favorite childhood memories.

Every spring, we would either hatch our own chicks under setting hens in our playhouse turned chicken house. Or, we would order a box full of chickies from the feed store. Either way, we would have a surplus of little fluffy chicks. They were super cute and funny to watch.

I live in the city now. No chickies for me this spring. I do have an old chickie watering dish. I'm saving it for that one day in the distant future when I live on my dream farm. There I'll have chickens, nice horses, a small cow, a few barn cats, and some really great collies. Until that day, I'll be content using my fantasy farm as a setting for some of my stories. : )
If you're planning to get some chicks of your own, click here to learn "How to Care for Your Spring Chicks".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment