Sunday, April 3, 2011

Drinking in Spring!


Spring is such a wonderful season. Full of potential. Everything, from flowers to bugs, preparing to burst forward into a variety of lovely colors.

Today, I planted pansies and violas with the adorable names of Penny Citrus Mix and Lemon Fizzyberry.

Before that, I took my dogs, Sofie and Daisy to the park. There park workers had trimmed tree branches and left them in a pile. I picked out two especially nice branches, one about 9-feet tall, probably a small tree, and the other a 4-foot branch.

Because I miss a backyard and sleeping outside, I've been collecting branches and strategically placing them around my tiny home. I position the branches so they look like they're growing out of places, like the floor, the ceiling, the wall.

I anchored the small-tree-size branch to the head of my bed. It looks like it's growing from the floor over the bed. I practiced lying under it and looking up. The lines of branches are so amazing. I can't wait to sleep under the tree tonight. Makes me wish I was having a slumber party. Friends under a tree, looking up at imaginary stars, telling secrets, jokes, and dreams for the future.

Here's wishing you good friends and a life filled with magic...which for me includes: trees growing from impossible places.

No comments:

Post a Comment