Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring is in the Air



What a wonderful day in New York City!

The sun was shining, birds were singing, daffodils blooming.

I cleaned out my fire escape garden. Got rid of all the dried brush, took out the old planters, and got all the containers freshly aligned for this year's planting.

After I finished, a little bird came and stood on the fire escape railing, surveying my work. I wish I could leave out seed for the birds. But food of any kind left out attracts rats. As much as I have nothing against rats, I don't want one right outside, or for that matter, inside my window.

It was bad enough the year a squirrel kept trying to get in the house. What could he have been thinking? Two dogs live in here. Crazy squirrel.

Tomorrow, I will plant some pansies. Ahhh Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment