Friday, April 1, 2011

Read the Labels


It crossed my mind that with all my talk about cookies, I should let everyone know, especially the young people, that even though I eat dessert with almost every meal, I am VERY picky about that dessert.

You won't find me at a vending machine or the candy counter of your local store. My stomach is sensitive. Processed sugary snacks filled with fat, additives, and dyes, make me feel terrible. Which is a good thing. It keeps me from eating them. I don't drink sodas either, for the same reason.


The desserts for me are fresh baked, by me or a quality bakery. If I do eat cookies from a box, I make sure the ingredients are all recognizable items that I would use in my own baking at home.

My grandmother, Bertha Mae, used to say, "I'd rather spend my money at the grocery store than the doctor."

I agree. Spend the extra money to buy the best food for you. This includes all your food...even dessert.

The better you feel, the better your life will be.

For Fun and Education, Watch: "The Food Label and You" by US Food and Drug Administration


No comments:

Post a Comment