Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Sweet Wish Granted!

This week one of my wishes was granted. My dear friends, Leigh, Aqua, and Honor, gave me "The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook." What a great surprise!

As you might know, I love the Magnolia Bakery. I'm a regular patron of their 68th and Columbus NYC location.

My favorite...a slice of their German Chocolate Cake.
The good news: The recipe for that cake is in this cookbook!

Every time I see the cookbook in my house, I feel happy. I love looking at the recipes. Thinking about the bakery. Thinking about cake and desert. Thinking about my wonderful friends who gave it to me.

I'm grateful when I look back over my history and remember how many times I've been surprised by something I really wanted showing up at my door.

If you think back over your history, I'm sure you can remember things that came to you. Things you had thought about, wished for, or prayed on. They showed up, maybe a gift from a friend, maybe a find by the side of the road, or a phone call offering you something you wanted or needed.

We can't predict when these things will arrive. We can only appreciate their appearance.

Right now, I'm really appreciating my new cookbook. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment